- A traditional Japanese favourite.
- Contains buckwheat - Wheat-free.
- 1 packet contains 3 bundles as a suggested serving amount.
- Delicious in soups, stir fries or as lightly seasoned accompaniment.
- Cooks in under 9 minutes.
Most soba noodles are made from a mix containing around 60% wheat and 40% buckwheat. These buckwheat soba noodles are a special version with no wheat. Because they contain wholegrain buckwheat, they have a rougher texture than traditional soba noodles, which are usually smooth. The taste is different and nuttier.
These buckwheat noodles are wheat-free, because buckwheat is not actually a type of wheat. Organically grown.
These noodles tend to come out a little softer than the standard wheat-based soba noodles, which is not surprising as the wheat-based noodles contain the natural gluten (in the wheat) that keeps the noodles firmer. Which type you prefer will depend on taste. Overall, both types of soba noodle are delicious.